EVENT LOCATION: 2454 Louella Ave., Venice 90292
Transition members who are also veterans of the annual Mar Vista Green Garden Showcase will remember gathering in past years at the lovely home of Ginny and her family—where the terraced front yard is an inviting place to take a break and admire the bioswale, an abundance of edible plants, and fruit trees. We’ve always enjoyed a full day of presentations related to local sustainability initiatives like Transition Culver City and Good Karma Gardens.
- 10:00–10:30 Sacred Earth Community Salon
- 10:30–11:00 Good Karma Gardens Pay-It-Forward Edible Gardens
- 11:00–11:30 Little Free Library Nationwide Movement: Take a Book, Leave a Book
- 11:30–12:00 Creative Repurposing and Upcycling for Home and Garden
- 12:00–12:30 Westside Produce Exchange
- 12:30–1:00 What Is Transition?
- 1:00–1:30 Greywater and Water Harvesting
- 1:30–2:00 Maintaining Worm Bins
- 2:00–2:30 Making Kimchi and Sauerkraut
- 2:30–3:00 Beyond Cash Economies with Our Time Bank
- 3:00–3:30 Home Grown Gardens at Your Service
- 3:30–4:00 The Miracle of Compost Tea